Sunday, April 26, 2009

entrance development





above are images showing the development of the main entrance into the building.  I have a few questions pertaining to the design of the front planters.  1) Do they two planters to the left need to be raised for seating, or should I keep them at ground level and put granite rocks for seating as on the right? 2) Should I introduce more landscaping to the left of the site, or should I leave this space open?  There is also an entrance from McCormick to the parking areas, which is not shown here ( there will be landscaping around this areas as well, and there will be Green Screen located at the ground level parking deck)  Please feel free to leave me some comments for the questions I have above, or any other suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    I think that you should follow your intuition and introduce more landscape elements to the left and right of the building. Raising the walls to make places for seating is a good idea. Overall, I would encourage you to increase the scale and diversity in this scheme. Think "bigger and bolder," like the building.

    Planting more trees, a few bigger ones, and a greater variety of them would also be a good move.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes there will def be a lot more trees, and landscaping, my main concern was with the paths to the building. But thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete